Ipunk blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eric Bana would be “going insane” if he was still doing stand-up comedy

The star began his career as a comedian in the sketch comedy series Full Frontal before gaining critical recognition in the biopic Chopper in 2000.

Since then, the star has forged a successful Hollywood career, appearing in movies such as Munich, The Other Boleyn Girl and The Time Traveller’s Wife.

Eric thinks he owes his successful film career to the comedy show that first got him noticed.

“Getting cast in a TV sketch comedy show was the thing that got me going – otherwise I’d still be doing stand-up, going insane,” he told Total Film.

Eric has two children with his wife Rebecca Gleeson, Klaus and Sophia. The star sometimes envies their ability to do the things they love with complete anonymity, whereas he is always surrounded by people.

“I often joke with my kids – they’re great at art – that they’re extremely lucky, because any time in the day they can choose to go and do a painting,” he explained. “Whereas I have this ridiculous vocation and I can’t do anything without 100 other people. “

No comments:

Post a Comment